Zoom is a video and web conferencing tool that unifies cloud video conferencing, simple online meetings, and group messaging into one easy-to-use platform. Zoom offers video, audio, and wireless screen-sharing experience across Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, Android, and Blackberry devices with campus-affiliated and unaffiliated users. This tool can be used by Rice faculty to remotely connect with your class via a web conference.
A PRO-level Zoom account is available to all Rice faculty. To request a PRO-level account:
- Create a BASIC-level account by going to https://riceuniversity.zoom.us.
- Log in with your Rice NetID and NetID password.
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Faculty Request for PRO Zoom Account” in the subject line. Please include your NetID.
- You will be notified when your Zoom account has been upgraded to a PRO account.
- Host a meeting (web conference) by going to https://riceuniversity.zoom.us and clicking on “Host a Meeting.” Follow the onscreen prompts to download and run the client. (If you already have the client installed and are running Zoom from that, you may have to select the “SSO” login option with SSO = https://riceuniversity.zoom.us)
Information on using Zoom is available here: