Friday, 04 June 2010 10:54
As part of the OWL-Space tool set, the Rice University IT department has chosen the Sakai engine to provied Course Management and collaboration tools to the university's community.
In the 2010-11 school year, the Educational Technologies group has added two new services:
In OWL-Space CCM, you can:
- OWL-Space IMM, which offers the opportunity to share image collections and create online, shareable presentations
- OWL-Socrates, which allows faculty to record classes, including all content from the teaching computer, for students to review after class. Class content is automatically loaded to class folders, which are password protected.
- Post course materials and media files of all types.
- On-line Tests, Quizes, and Homework assignments.
- On-line Course Announcements, Discussion, and Chat rooms.
- Course management tools.
- And much more . . .
Courses and rosters are automatically provisioned from information provided by the Registra's office, and updated twice a day. Collaboration and Project sites are created upon request.
Last Updated on Tuesday, 27 July 2010 14:40