Learning Environments can now digitize and post videos from Blu-rays, DVDs, and VHS tapes in your course’s Canvas or OWL-Space site! This will make videos more accessible to your students, and you can spend more class time discussing videos rather than viewing them.
If you would like us to digitize a Blu-ray disc, DVD, or VHS tape, please drop it off in the Classroom Video Drop Box next to the OIT Operations Desk in the Mudd Building. During the week prior to the start of a semester and the first three weeks of school, processing times can take up to one week or more. If you have any questions, please contact us.
Please be sure to include:
- Instructor name
- Instructor NetID
- Course number and section number
- Special instructions, eg. English subtitles
For your convenience, you can print out and fill out a form to include with the media.
- Format: Blu-ray, DVD, or VHS tape
- Must be an original copy; no backup copies.
- Must be owned by Fondren Library or by the professor; no video rentals. Interlibrary loans cannot be digitized.
- Videos are posted in the Resources section of OWL-Space.
Troubleshooting videos posted with the former method:
- To view videos in Chrome, (1) click on the shield icon and (2) click “Load unsafe script”.
- To view videos in Firefox, click on the shield icon and “disable protection on this page.”
- To view videos in Internet Explorer, click “Show all content” in the warning dialog box.
Drop box and pickup locations: