The systems in our classrooms are intended to be self-service systems. If you would like to know what is available in each classroom, visit http://rooms.tlst.rice.edu/ and search for the classroom you plan to use. We do not reserve classrooms; this is handled by the Office of the Registrar via the following link: http://registrar.rice.edu/classrooms/.
For a video tutorial of our systems, visit http://edtech.rice.edu/how-to-videos/ and select the videos in the Using the Podiums section.
If you would like an in person tutorial of a classroom system, please log a Help Desk ticket http://info.helpdesk.rice.edu/.
Types of Events:
- If you need assistance with something for your class (non-urgent), please log a Help Desk ticket http://info.helpdesk.rice.edu/.
- For Urgent assistance for a class in progress, please call the OIT Operation Desk at 713-348-4989.
- Services are provided M-F 8:00 am – 6:00 pm (excluding University Holidays)
Webinars, seminars, guest lectures, conferences, etc.:
- If you are comfortable with the system in the room you are using, you do not need to contact us.
- If you would like an in person tutorial of a classroom system, please log a Help Desk ticket http://info.helpdesk.rice.edu/.
- If you would like to contract directly with a contractor, here is our list of trusted contractors.
- We do not provide event day support.
- You will want to hire a contractor if you have any of the following needs:
- Webcasting or recording of events
- Webcasting from venues that are not equipped to do so
- Audio setup beyond in-room capabilities
- Off campus event support and recording
- Having someone present to support the AV during your event
- If you would like a consultation with us, please fill out the Consultation Form